Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Sleepless Nights 91 - Slippery

Shit man, I thought of writing about Egypt and the past six years but screw that shit. I'll rant, as always.

I'm back home. Graduated. Someone messaged me and referred to me as Dr. Zufar and I had to smoke a cigarette to calm the fuck down. But I'm back home. That's good enough.

I'm drinking this coffee right now, Cap Gantang from Kedah and this shit is fucking awesome. As if made by goddamn prophets or something. I guess Cap Tupai has a worthy opponent now.

I went out yesterday with the high hopes of watching Ophilia.

Shit man, this film has been on my list for months and I finally get to go see it. So I make my way to motherfucking Mahkota Parade only to find that;

1) It was crowded as shit.
2) There was a lion dance competition (Which was awesome)
3) I have no idea where the cinema was

So I walked around like a dumbfuck and asked around until finally I saw the ticket counter. Strangely Ophilia wasn't part of the list. There must've been some sort of mistake so I asked the guy and he told me that nope, it wasn't showing there. Disheartened, I asked him if he knew where they were showing it and he told me Dataran should have it.

Not that bad, really, considering Dataran was just across the road. So I watched a little lion dance and made my way across. So the whole damn fiasco began again. There were so many fucking people and I can't seem to find the goddamn cinema. Asked around again, got lost, found the cinema and...

No Ophilia.

Well, at that point, my blood was simmering. You might say that I should have looked into it first but fuck man, Dataran's GSC is a popular fucking destination. I've never heard of MBO or Aeon for that matter. So the trip was in utter goddamn vain which led me to do something irrational i.e. splurge on books.

And MPH is a piece of shit bookstore. I cannot explain my disdain for it. The only saving grace was the fact that it had a lot of FIXI books which was on my list.

So I bought a couple of books. Then I went to Starbucks to sit down for awhile. I was feeling okay at that point because I got Zen Cho's Spirits Abroad and KL Noir Yellow was sold out so I went to order. I shit you not this was how the conversation started.

"Java Chip large satu"
"Eh, kenapa garang je muka ni bang?"

Fuck man. Had I been the type to lash out, I would've fucking lion danced on the cunt's face.

*

It's good to be home though. I sat on the swing outside my house at dawn a couple of days back, coffee mug in hand. I just soaked the whole thing in. I wouldn't trade this place for anything.

2 comments:

Hanis. said...

So I googled Ophilia on my phone at work. Out popped images of hardcore lingerie. Oops.

Congratulations, by the way.

And Java Chip?

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Er, lemme google Ophilia too then. Maybe later when I'm alone, ahem.

It's good apparently. Ophilia and Java Chip.