Sunday, August 23, 2015

Relationship Goals.

I had this one patient. Obviously, I can't give out his details and come to think of it, it doesn't matter.

To put it simply, I pegged him to die every morning I walk into the ward. Not because I'm a cruel bugger but honestly, he was in such a shitty condition. Drains jutting out everywhere and frank blood pouring out of them. Severe bleeding disorder, Hb 2, PT/aPTT max.

But the fucker continued living. That's goddamn amazing.

This story isn't some motivational bullshit because the main character to this isn't the patient. It's his wife.

Now, see, let me be frank. This guy has nothing going for him. He isn't good looking, doesn't make good money and unfortunately, I know that he doesn't have a big dick. I can only assume that he is the greatest of men personality wise.

Why, you ask?

Because his wife is fucking smoking hot. I'm not shitting you. Blazing. She could rival the fucking Sun.

I observe her daily - in a non creepy way - and I've been trying to understand why she stays. I still don't fucking know. Everyday I see her taking care of this patient and it baffles me because even for me, the smell of his wound is something that I can't deal with. Yet there she is, chilling out with this guy who's bleeding non-stop. Who smells like Satan's gangrenous butthole.

People talk about loyalty a lot. I doubt they understand what it is but from now on, this woman will be what I think of when the word comes up.

I don't know if she takes time off to vent somewhere. Maybe she has ulterior motives. Maybe she cries in the toilet everyday. I don't know. What I know is that she has stayed by her husband's side, unmoved, unfazed and undaunted.

You see people posting shit on facebook. 'Relationship goals' or whatever the term is. And there'll be some sort of shitty caption like 'He braided my hair' or 'He let me be the bigger spoon'. I get upset nowadays when I see that shit. Genuinely upset.

You want a relationship goal? Here's one: She stayed by my side even when I'm bleeding the fuck out and have a rotting wound.

1 comment: