Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dreams, be a darling and stop giving me hope.





So here I am awake at six in the morning, dazed and confused. Two crazy dreams in a row and my mind just blew up.

1: Where an impending nightmare got forcefully changed into something else entirely.

I got out of the house and I remembered that it was quite late; eleven or midnight. It was cold and there was a bit of mist and the streets were of cobblestone. I was hungry so I went to this shop and ate but there was an urgency to it. It wasn't safe. I was pretty damned sure of that. Because of that, I finished the meal so fast that I don't even think it was possible. Which was when I realised I was in a dream.

There was that feeling of dread; that sinking, hopelessness that you only get when you read or watch something horrible. As I walked home, there was a narration; a voice that told everything and made it seem darker. Then I actually met the narrator, she was a mad doombringer by the side of the road. She was telling people about the nature of demons and all things evil and she did it in such a brilliant manner. A part which I still remember was this:

'They are like predators in the water, keeping in the shadows and being silent so as not to make a splash. Once you get in their perimeter, you don't  know they are there; you don't believe they are because the mind cannot accept what the eye does not see. And then they will strike and you will find that it is too late.'

And behind her was a cathedral; this massive Gothic building that gave off an evil aura. I swore that I saw a... thing on the roof; grinning and cackling. Also; the cathedral is my home. As in the Hyde Park building is the cathedral. Which sucked.

So I went in, and the interior was exactly the same as in reality. I waited for the lift and I realised that it was bloody dark, unlikely so. I couldn't handle nightmares, I had enough of them already on a normal basis which is why I think my mind forced the dream to change direction. What better way to overcome fear?

Wrath. Lots of it.

The room brightened up and the lift descended. A guy with an afro cut in line and I grabbed him by the shoulders and guided him back. There's enough motherfuckers present in real life, I don't need any more in my dreams. I remembered telling him 'Peace be upon you' to which he replied appropriately. I was about to turn around when I felt him pat my side, which was pretty normal social interaction. Somehow, probably because I had some control over my actions, I reached for my wallet and my hand came in contact with the Lord of Cuntnuggetry i.e. the guy with the afro. He was about to fish my wallet out of my pocket and I just lost it. I twisted his index finger and you can see the fear in his eyes. I asked him what was the fucking reason of being a fucking Muslim if that was the way he'd act and he was begging me to not let anybody else know.

Fuck that shit. I twisted his finger more till I heard a crack and I grinned as everybody heard me call him a thief. Then this guy beside me smashed his face in and I slammed my leg into his ribcage and I could feel my heart beating so very fucking wildly and there was that awesome part where I was half awake and half dreaming. I was beating a guy half to death and at the same time; doing nothing, feeling my heart go wild.

And then I woke up. Calmed the raging residue of abhorrence. And went back to sleep. Which then lead to:

2. Going back to M'sia from class and ending up in an office instead.

For some reason, immediately after class I grabbed my bag and made my way to the airport. I was with Bhaiyya and everybody else were asking so many fucking questions. I just laughed at their confusion.

No, seriously. I just laughed. I had no idea why.

So the cab was a weird fucking thing. We seemed to be travelling really fast but getting nowhere. Friends that were walking from one faculty to the other was passed a couple of times and it was as if everybody whom I've met made an appearance. Some girl called me and asked me lots of questions and I answered and then after awhile, I realised that again; this is a fucking dream. Mainly because after awhile, I got tired of her jabberings and started to play Civilization V on my phone. So close to a cultural victory, too.

So we made it to the airport and upon entering... It became an office. Don't ask me the mechanics of it, it just did. There was a political campaign or some shit that was going on and this guy (The materialistic brother from Bunohan, if anybody else saw that film) was showing me what they were doing etcetera etcetera. Perhaps I was an important person. I felt like one. All the while, I was telling the guy: Holy shit, it's you. From the film. Bakar. Holy shit. What the fuck are you doing here?

I got bored eventually and decided to walk around. I bumped into this... Goddess who was wearing a t-shirt and hot pants and she was getting something from the fridge or photocopy machine, I'm not sure. She gave me a non-chalant 'What's up' and went back to her room which for some reason was in a god damned office complex. Then I left because I didn't want to seem as if I was that much of a creep and I got a message from my housemate. It said:

'That's Tina. Have fun :)'

For some reason, I went back to her room and I yelled from the door: YOU'RE TINA, SO AND SO'S COUSIN!' and ran away. She looked puzzled as fuck and yelled back 'I'M NOBODY'S COUSIN!' and then my dream ended because that's too fucking ridiculous.

No comments: