Sunday, May 14, 2017

Sleepless Nights 93 - Income tax and Nujabes is Dead



I found out that Nujabes fucking up and died. This sucks because he was supposed to be a God and well, God's aren't known for their ability to actually fucking die.

That fucking sucks man. Some random youtuber said that Nujabes' songs are the ones you hear in elevators which take you to heaven. That's a pretty nice sentiment, well done random youtube commenter.

In other news, I did my taxes.

It's bad when I have to reread a sentence that I just wrote a few seconds ago. I can't believe this shit. I did my taxes. As in I am now at the age where I am required to by law to do taxes. Me. Do taxes. Me. An adult.

Life comes at you fast. One day you're fucking around, jamming ten thunderclaps into a stranger's exhaust pipe for giggles. Blink once and all of the sudden you're 26 and doing your fucking taxes. To say that no one prepared you for this shit will be the understatement of the millenia. You can't whine about it though, that's what being an adult means.

The more I think about it, the more I realise there isn't a solution to this. I thought that you can have a time during high school where there's a compulsory class called Surviving Adulthood: The Dos and the Don'ts. Then I realised that knowing myself, I'd probably skip that shit for another round of thunderclap in exhaust fun. No solution, my friend.

You know what I want? I want a fucking personal aide. Actually, on second thoughts, I honestly believe that every human should magically sprout an aide once he/she reaches 18. Like you wake up on your eighteenth birthday and your aide will be there, naked and ready to serve.

That last line, that's open to interpretation.

I can already imagine the use of this aide. Never again will I have to deal with paperwork. Never again will I have to go to the police station to settle summons. Never again will I have to do taxes. Never again will I have to deconstruct my own crab and other shelled lifeforms. Never again will I have to kupas my own kuacis. Never again.

The aides in return, need two hours of sunshine per day with adequate water. They're obviously plant based.

As I grow older, the more I realise how unaccustomed I am to dealing with all this shit. Adulthood was supposed to be all about waking up in the morning, going to work and having drinks. As if that's not hard enough, they somehow managed to forget to inform us regarding the motherfucking shit tonne of paperwork that is somehow present in every goddamn facet of my goddamn life.

I don't think you understand how much I hate paperwork. And protocol. And establishments. And right wing capitalist pigs.

Enough on that.

I have consumed so much sweet tea through the course of the night. If I was crucified and the stabbed with a spear, I'll bleed Lipton instead and bless the romans with my magical brew.

A lot has happened this past 1 year plus. Too much and I don't want to go through it one by one. In short, I'm lazy and that has not changed. I want to start writing regularly again though and now, through the powers of fate and absent social skills I may once again do so. Plus I have chickenpox so that helps.

Seriously though, chickenpox at 26, what the fuck is the world coming to.

No comments: