Monday, July 2, 2012

Fucking Ob/Gyn.

Ah well, ignore the title. A break from the unlimited problems with women's fucked up pelvis.

If only it was that simple...

I find myself absolutely amazed at people with traditional names. No, I'm not talking about Arabic names, I mean names that really show that a person is from a specific race. Nowadays, there's too many fucking 'Ryan's or 'Sophea's around and no, of course it's not wrong but for some reason, there's that... Generic loop, that limited creativity, that thing that simply halts any sense of impressiveness. It's a fucking awesome moment when suddenly amongst the repeated names you find a person named 'Chinta' or fucking 'Kasturi' or fucking 'Melawati' even. I do not know why but those names simply lightens the mood. It's like in the middle of a world racing towards modernisation, there are still a small group of people who still hold true to the whole traditionalist movement. Maybe I don't go out that often and maybe there's actually a lot of people named traditionally.

*

I find it awkward when people comment shit like 'LOL' or the other variant of that. Given that I could actually get over my abhorrence towards those fucked up acronyms (Which I obviously cannot), it's simply not something that you can just use singularly. Sure, okay, if I'm deliberately making a joke then fine, that would be excusable but other than that... Just putting 'LOL' there begs some sort of explanation. Are you laughing out loud because it is funny or are you laughing out loud because you're being sarcastic? Are you sincere or are you not? Are you transmitting some sort of hidden message with that or are you not? Sweet mother of fucking gram negative organisms answer me! Is it really that hard to type out two alphabets repeatedly? I mean, what happened to being able to express oneself? Now everybody is just putting all these acronyms and that's it. The merry state of the world is gone.

*

I don't know about any of you guys but some of us - Which when I think about it, probably amounts to a minuscule amount - are still hoping that Butterfingers would come back and fucking reintroduce Grunge into the music scene. I listened to everything they produced a few days back and then I just realised that fuck man, it's not going to happen. The music scene no longer appreciates Grunge any more, it's all fucking ballads or rap or god knows what else.

The best fucking album.
The reason Butterfingers could not survive today is simply because they had that... Integrity, you know. They started out as a grunge band and after three albums, people were already moving on to the hip music at that time; namely Malay pop-songs. While other bands quickly morphed to be better accepted by the public, Butterfingers simply changed the language but that angst, that core, that message was still present. They didn't change their whole identity simply to be a more commercial band, they modified a small aspect and they did what they wanted to. So I guess enough is enough, it's simply impossible for them to come back together. Thanks for all the fuck awesome music and so long. Butterfingers will forever remain the Malaysian legend. Fucking Butterworld forever, man.

Still, MonoLoque is not half bad.

Sad reality is sad.
*

It turns out that I cannot write a tearjerker. I have no idea why but that's the reality of it. I simply cannot express myself in a way that would result in my readers being reduced to a bumbling mess of wet tissues. Which sucks, I guess. It's a totally different thing I guess, writing and reading. When I write, there's that... Raw and unpolluted emotion just bursting out and at that time, it's simply sublime but when the time comes; two or three days later, rereading the same piece just doesn't give off the same vibe. It's frustrating, simply fucking frustrating.

*

I saw a photo on my facebook feed and for some reason it reminded me of the late Yasmin Ahmad or as known as the greatest motherfucking writer/director to have ever graced the Malaysian film scene. When her films started to show, Jesus man, I honestly thought that hey, maybe there is hope. Maybe one day our citizens would actually appreciate good films and art as a whole and not fucking settle for motherfucking films like Cicakman or whatever the fuck they're producing nowadays. Then she died and I saw that as a golden opportunity for other directors to step up and produce films that could rival hers, continue the tradition... But of course, that's a fucking dream. Fuck. Fuck.


I guess her work was important simply because it often portrayed some sort of transcendence over our everyday lives as Malaysians. There'd always be cross-culture references or some sort of oddity amongst the norm. Considering that we're so god damned multicultural, this is fucking important because we can somehow relate to that shit, just like in the movies, not all of us a racist cunts, not all of us think that racial purity is a fucking must and all that. God dammit. Then you actually have these religious extremists who slander her work saying shit like it promotes interracial blending. I have high hopes for the future of our country. It seems so bright.

*

Okay, I'm out of shit to talk about.

Eargasm of the day: Remembering days of glory.

No comments: