Sunday, March 16, 2014

#ProjekBuku



This song. Holy fuck.


I know, I know, I'm late as fuck but I feel like writing about this.

Let me start by saying that if you don't know about #ProjekBuku, please head here: ProjekBuku to download your free and absolutely legal copy of the book. This is not sarcasm. I fucking urge you to give it a shot.

There's a lot of people who said that the book was poorly curated and so on and while I agree to an extent, it largely depends on what you seek to gain from the book.

To be honest, I'm the worst fucker to ask when it comes to the local underground (Can it still be called underground?) scene. I have a sexual affair with Butterfingers' songs but other than that, I don't really know jackshit. I know Central Market used to be the place to be if you wanted to be apart of the underground click but that's about it. So, when I heard that there was a book that was largely focused on the local music scene, I made it a point to immerse myself in the whole 434 pages.

It's been a month and I've finally reached the end of it. Don't judge me, I don't have the time to read anything not related to Medicine nowadays and that reminds me, I need to study for an exam. Fuck. Anyway, hands down, I fucking loved the book.

I expected the writings to be about life in a band with a dash of shameless whoring but I was wrong. Admittedly, there were one or two entries which dealt with a lot of technical terms and offered advice in the form of points (I skipped those, I'm not even ashamed). I think it was directed more towards people who are serious about wanting to make music but the one thing that echoed all throughout the pages was this: A unanimous love for music in all of the forms it exists in. That was what made it an enjoyable read.

You don't have to be musically inclined. You don't have to know the ins and outs of making music. Fuck man, you don't even have to really understand music to appreciate what was being written. All you need is the ability to respect passion. Having a sense of humour doesn't hurt too but if that's too much to ask, I understand.

I mean I'm an almost completely scientific person, regardless of my futile dabbling in the arts. I'm probably going to spend my life enslaved to Lady Medicine's cactus cock (Jesus...) and the only part of me that has any affiliation to music is being able to play the guitar (Rather badly) and listening to a large collection of multi-genre music. Yet when I read about these fuckers and how they got to where they are now, I can't help but fucking applaud. In public. Naked.

Some parts, you forget that you're reading about musicians. Monoloque's Loque's entry in particular talked about culture appreciation and nationalism. Radhi OAG wrote his entry from a drug rehab center. Emmet Roslan's five sentence entry talked about choosing family instead of music (Or at least that was what I got from it). And so on. After awhile, you forget about the whole local musicians and their unsung hero buddies. It's all about living. Choosing the booby trapped path instead of being rammed up the ass all day err'yday by the Man, whoever the fuck that is.

For those who are able to understand the technical terms without needing a very simplified albeit exhausting explanation then good for you. The book'll be much more fulfilling. I'm just content in the knowledge that there are so many people who have kept the inferno of passion burning deep inside, refusing to let the daily mayhem dim the flames.

It's not perfect, though. Some random comment on the internet said that a few of the writers submitted a CV for their entry and I can't deny it. Skip through the parts that you believe suck, I guess.

Nothing else. Study time. Fucking Comm. Med.

No comments: