Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ma Jaan.

You know, people wrote stuff, speeches, poems even to describe their mother's and shit and I thought of doing that but I somehow it seemed kind of... fake. I guess it's not for me, writing all mushy stuff and shit and expecting people to go 'Aww, that's cho chweet you lil muncy wunchkin!!11'. Nope, thank God it isn't.

Anyways, momzies. It's funny really how a word can literally build and destroy empires, the meaning in 'Ma' has such an impact, like a blow right to your solar plexus. Which is probably what love is.

See, I will never be afraid to say that I'm a mommy's boy because fuck it, I am and I'm damn proud of it. I don't mind going out with my mom to wherever the hell that she decides to take me, I couldn't care less about the stares or silent giggles from the eyes of the oh-so glamorous teenagers coz fuck, that's the only way I can show my appreciation to her, for all that she's done, for everything that she went through. Raising four of us is probably dipping her head into each and every circle of hell there is but she never quit. She never went 'Ah, fuck this shit I'm going to Havana'. Because I would. I don't have that strength that she has (Quite literally in fact, she's like Hulk. Only nongreen and non-beefy, Hmmm...). So yes, I'm a mommy's boy and heck, nothing makes me happier. Yes, grovel all you rebellious teenagers!!! GROVEL!!!

I sent her a message to day and she called us kids 'exasperating'. I know you're crying Ma, hah, that's what you get when you have a writer as a kid. Uh. If any family members happen to read that last sentence, please erase it from your memory and not tell Ma. Please? PLEASE?

Google search result for 'exasperating'. What?
I can, as a matter of douchebaggery fact, write pages about my mother and how she's more awesome than yours. But, since it's 2 in the morning and I havent slept for to days, I'll let this slip. Wouldn't want you to be shot down while you're writing that poem now.

For the heck of it.

Thank you for bearing with me for 18 years and 9 horrifying months when everybody else turned their backs on me. Thank you for the never doubting me and pacing all that trust and faith in me when everybody else saw it as a lost cause. Thank you for all the beatings because I know that deep inside it hurts you to even lay a hand on me. Thank you for your wisdom and your laughter because nothing helps me more in my time of need. Thank you for being my mother, I cannot imagine another soul more capable of taking care of us the way you did. My words still fail to capture even the tiniest fragment of you Ma, but for what it's worth, I will always be your son, to forever love you and forever protect you.

HAHA!!!!!!!!

Life, summed up into two people.

4 comments:

diemarysues said...

Zuffie, when did you turn sweet? *smishes you*

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

I'm the personification of sin. *cough* Hence the sweetness. Or something. And hey, you're the one that knows best innit... It's reserved for the people I truly care about.

Zafirah Zeid said...

nice one =) i always wondered how she got through 2 d 4 of us..but i guess dats y she's our mom. i told her b4 dat i wont be who i am w/out her and i said thanks and guess wat she told me? if u had another mom, u'd prolly be d nice little gal who would sweep and keep a house - perfect housewife! hahaha just 4 dat, i thank god he sent me 2 d rite womb! =p

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Wahahahaha!!! HAHAHAHA!!! Aih, seriously la her way of trying not to show that she's touched memang fail habis siot... Trust me, no one would be able to bear coming home from shopping to see one of the kids bleeding from the head. Many times. XD But she got through I guess, being the manifestation of strength (and evil). Haha. Bu, please la, perfect little housewife would be a counter ego for you k.