Sunday, April 3, 2011

Transformation?

I have been thinking and maybe I should convert this blog into a photoblog thing. Well, excluding the google pictures I've posted in here, I mean my own photos, with ways I achieve the shot etc etc. Wait, why the fuck am I asking you, you don't even care.

Transformation, hmmm, I sense a shot from that term... Anyway, here's the first.

'Perception'. For the love of God. Click on the photo above to go to fullview.
Okay. Hmmm. This is truly a salvaged shot really, but it shows what you could do with a bit of creativity and experimentation. Sleep deprivation might help really but don't count on it.

Most of my shots are made possible with fucking Nik post processing software which I swear, should be the first fucken virtual entity which to be awarded the Nobel. Most probably for keeping world peace or some shit. It's awesome, but only when you know how to balance the effects of it. For example, since this is a salvaged shot, it had a shitload of noise in it, grainy and utterly hideous. Nik's noise reducing mechanism causes a tad bit of detail loss which would fuck this photo up for good. So what I did was that before reducing the noise, I sharpened it further, increased the structure and you know, the whole shenanigans. After reducing, the loss of detail is less apparent.

I played with a bit of tonal contrasts and adjusted the levels. Then, rotated the photo 90 degrees Counterclockwise just so that it bugs with the viewers mind.

*End*

No comments: