Saturday, March 17, 2012

Puzzling.

While I may have a pretty good understanding about most common things and all that, I find myself quite puzzled over some things. By puzzled, I mean I end up having a dream about it. And by dreaming I mean nightmares. And by nightmares, I mean pantaloons shitting horror.

Sir Google's understanding of 'Pantaloons shitting horror.' I must say spot on.

1. Turkish Delights.

I found myself thinking of this when the girls next door (Innuendo not - I must stress on the not - intended.) brought over some of the delights (Again. Not intended). Why is it called Turkish Delights? If they were to name a delight from turkey, I must say that the women would be a better choice.

Delights? I think not.
Then it gets complicated. If we were to accept the nomenclature 'delight' then it would be exclusively to the Turkish variation. That way, any sort of gelatinous sweets cannot be referred to as a delight. Say for example, the famous mua chee (I'm not sure about the spelling) or kuih koci cannot be described as delightful. If one still wants to give the said sweet said adjective, one must refer to it as Malaysian delight. Then say a person made the Turkish delights in a place other than Turkey, it'd have to be called... Malaysian made Turkish delights or MASTurkish delights. Or fucking shoot oneself in the head because it all seem so damned pointless. Also, while I'm at it, why is it a delight in the first place? It sticks on one's teeth and if one has sensitive teeth like myself, the diabolical pain can hardly be referred to as delightful.

2. Sympathy.

I talked to a friend from back home recently and he tormented my ears by going on and on about his failed relationship and the repeated usage of the words bitch. After a few 'Mmhmm's and 'Isee's, he caught on to my disinterest and asked this:

Kau tak kesiankan aku ke? (Do you not pity me?)

To which I told him that no, of course I don't pity him. Was I the cause of his abrupt break up? No. Did I in any way cause his girlfriend to despise him? No. Was I saddened by the turn of events? Obviously not. Was my life changed from the event? Hilarious. What reason could I have to pity him?

I asked him and he told me that it was the social norm when it comes to these matters. One must say that he/she feels sad over the friend's sadness. Then I pretended I was offline. Now I realise that if he reads this, it will be quite awkward.


I dunno man but why should I lie just to make someone feel better. And for the record I hardly believe that saying 'I feel sorry for you' would do anything to make the other person feel better. If that really is the social norm, then why not have strangers give me gifts accompanied with compliments everyday cause that'd make me feel much better. That I believe would work. Not some stupid half-assed words somebody said.

3. Labels and not giving a fuck about it.

I don't know about you but I find myself acquainted with people who don't care about signs. If a group says, oh I don't know, 'Let's talk about Medicine' then from my experience as a person who knows how to read and understand what I read, it would mean that I should only post things that are related to Medicine, yes? But of course, what would a socially inept me know about such things. Maybe I don't realise about the whole 'We post unrelated things in a specifically themed group' thing going on.

4. Wizards and light armour.

This is the most fucked up thing in the whole world. You have a wizard, a powerful magic user who could summon fucking lightning from the heavens, make the very tectonic plates shift and quake, summon fucking dragons or whatever fucked up creatures and demons from the earth... And he can be killed with a papercut. Why? Because he's wearing motherfucking cloth armour.In what tome of rules was it said that a wizard cannot wear anything except for a fucking apron? Certainly not fucking Tolkien (Sauron is a wizard and he wears a pretty awesome set of imagined armour. Gandalf wears a robe because he's just fucking untouchable).


My point is that wizards are fucking strong in the offense department, so why not give them some heavy armour to make them, well, fucking god like? You can't because you need to stabilize the fantasy world? Fuck your fantasy world.

5. Double standards.

I believe everyone is familiar with this one. Women would say 'It's too heavy' or 'It's too far' or 'I have the vagina, bow to me' and men would just go 'Cause I'm the guy'. Then one will demand equality and the other will say that equality is stupid.

I am also far too bored to write so toodles.

Eargasm of the day: Local music used to be so fucking good.

No comments: