Friday, March 30, 2012

Amelie (Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain)

The best thing about films are when they introduce you to a fictional character that seemed to fucking fit into the criteria of the girl that you would lose an arm for. Sweet God Audrey Tatou, you have ensnared me with that god damned smile...

That smile... That smile... Hnggggg....

It's been awhile since I watched a film that made me feel like I should go out there and have fun. But of course, after the film ended reality dawned and I realised that this was not Paris, I was not some reclusive fella with an obsession to do good and well, life is definitely not a fucking film. So I turned off the lights and went to sleep.

Still, I have to say that the film is fuck awesome and I'd probably watch it again some day when I'm utterly bored and not spoilt for choices.

*

I was hit by this weird phenomenon yesterday which left me quite confused. I went home and out of the blue everything seemed so bleak, it was as if the future held no value whatsoever. I blew off - In this case I told them to fuck off, not uh... the other variant - seven to eight people in the extent of an hour which is probably a new record considering I hardly know eight people who would want to talk to me on a regular basis. They did nothing wrong, and that was what upset me, I dispersed them not through the basis of logic but simply through emotions and that's fucked up. If I follow my emotions rather than using a brain which I'm blessed with, what would distinguish me from every people? You don't fuck up people just because they've done nothing wrong. That's stupid and impractical.

Stupid and impractical.
I tried to write but then all that I could write were hateful fucking verses and somehow that turned into a poem. I read it again when I woke up and I thought that it was pretty fucking intense. It's like there was something wrong, but it wasn't an environmental factor, you just could not point it out and it eats your from the inside. It's like getting stuck in a deep dark hole without any hope of climbing out. No more cesspit, just a deep dark abyss. Oh well, I got out of that.

*

I also watched Anonymous, sweet fuck, that Sir, was an awesome film. I've never been a huge fan of Shakespeare, mainly because his romantic imagery does not fit well with what I had in mind but still, he was a great playwright. The movie portrayed him perfectly, as the asshole who couldn't write and just took all the credit, Christ that was awesome.


I have to admit though that while the film roused some fanboys' anger, I hardly see it fit for people to compare it to say; Merong Mahawangsa. The film based itself on the simple fact that Shakespeare had no manuscript written in his own hand while Merong Mahawangsa... Well, that's just taking every single bullshit claim and compiling it into a fucked up film. But of course, that would make me a racist.

I guess I do owe Shakespeare some form of, well, recognition, regardless if he was the one who actually crafted those damned sonnets. His romantic imagery; while not my cup of tea is... Fantastically spot on really.

*

Filmfest, fuck yeah.

Eargasm of the day: Because blues fit in every single time.

No comments: