Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sleepless Nights 53 - Nostalgia Night.

Lately for some reason, there's been quite a lot of things that has been reminding me of the past. From the talk with Kat about well, her, to fucking cartoons and shit.

1. The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.



This. Oh sweet mother of diabetic ketoacidosis, this.

To be fair, it's kind of a general reference. We had so much better cartoons, I swear to God it made me grow up a much better person. We didn't have shit like Kim Possible, or fucking Totally Spies or My Little Fuck-Pony. We had this (It was Grim & Evil before), and Invader Zim and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Dragonball and Transformers and Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (Note that this is the only Power Rangers worth watching). We even had (Or was it my imagination) this cartoon about horses hellbent on killing each other. I shit you not, I forgot the title for the life of me but one scene will forever be seared in my head. There's this black horse an obviously he was the villain. So he was defeated, and then by the riverside, he uttered (Roared? Can horses roar?) these words: "VENGEANCE IS MINE!"

It took me five years to be able to make a straight face again.

That's the shit we had. Wildly unregulated, insanely fun and not safe at all. We had fucking fictional characters making us believe that we could break the emissary of death into bits without any effort when we're mere infants. Then we're confused when the characters that seem to hate each others' guts, go out of their way to save em. We're taught that family is fucking important and then when we grow up, we have those values nurtured in us. Yeah, it's buried underneath all the violence etcetera but still it's there.

I remembered seeing this kid when I went back to Malaysia last year and the parents... The parents had the look of defeat on their face. They bought him everything he wanted, even when he's an obese little fucking gremlin. Throwing tantrums and shit. It bugged me. What the fuck has been going on with parents nowadays?

2. Being a kid.

There's something awesome about having a kid's stature (Inb4 Paedo.) You get a lot of free shit, the only droll thing is going to school and holy fuck, did any of you realise how fucken fast we healed back then? I felt like Wolverine. There were a million things I didn't know.

I always came up with weird shit when I was a kid. I learned how to speak backwards just for the fucks of it. I could come up with a fight scene just with each hand's index and middle finger. If that didn't make sense, you're not imaginative enough. I saw towering epics in clouds. All this and suddenly I didn't know the days in Bahasa.


See, I was stupid back then. For once I actually don't mean that in a metaphorical terminology. I was literally fucken stupid. I didn't know the principles of division until I was ten, hell the only thing I excelled in was English. That was it, other than that, school was not a place I belonged in. Yet, people had expectations, mainly due to my Brother and Sisters excellence. Dark days, I guess. I was always left not knowing what the fuck was happening. In short, quite a disappointment.

Then I grew up, got a bit smarter, and then things changed. I don't know where this is leading, to be honest. Fuck it, point is, even when I was stupid, there was a sense of tranquillity around me. I didn't know, hence I could not be bothered. Yeah, I missed those days.

3. Reading. With an endless supply of coffee. No disturbances. In the rain.

This seems to be quite the depressing post. Where did all this go? Nowadays I read and there is always a fucking disturbance. Priorities. People fucking asking for stupid things that they can fucking do it by themselves. Even fucking stares. Honestly, what is the fucking anomaly in a person reading a storybook? Really, please do enlighten me so that I can get with the programme already.

4. Insane people.

There was a time when my life was filled with insanity. And I fucking loved it. Everybody is nuts one way or the other and Lady Fate saw it fit for us to gather and form an alliance of insanity. It was the best time of my life. Insanity was what bound us together and because of it, we could function so fucking well. One guy comes up with an insane idea, everybody applauds not because of the fact that it was not dangerous. It was because we didn't want to hinder that burst of enthusiasm, that stroke of genius. And we knew that if anything happens, we're there to prevent any casualties. Now I'm surrounded by superficial people who have forgotten the fact that they're alive. These people are so tightly wound that if you were to suggest something, they'd implode with the force of a thousand dying galaxies.

You fucks. You fucking fucks. Where the bloody fuck are you people...
5. Days when Dunhills costs cheaper than lunch.

6. Her.

At the risk of attracting rabid mongrels, I have to at least say this. I talked about you with Kat. At length, yes. I know, breaking the oath, bla bla bla, really woman, I don't think I give a fuck any more. It has of course, been pretty hard, with you deciding to hack my facebook or leaving potentially destructive messages around. It's hard. Still, don't stop. It's fun. Do you remember that old bookshop in Chow Kit? Those were pretty awesome days, innit? I think one of these days I'm still gonna find the notes you slipped into random books there. Nobody ever visits that place, haha. It's funny, really, nowadays, I don't think I can describe your face any more. Kat asked about you and all I could tell was what you did, not how you look and shit like that. Thanks for deleting every single one of the photos. That helped a lot. I wish you had given me a choice at least. One photo wouldn't hurt.

I saw a guy die the other day and it was exactly like what you said I'd feel. Trying my best to not be sappy, I guess you were the only one to actually, well, get me. It took a while to realise but meh, you know how being dense is. Also, holy fuck I just realised how fucked up some girls could be with giving out hints and shit. Thanks for not doing it back then, gah why can't everybody else do stuff that you did. Anyway, this is going on long enough, I believe. I have actually been thinking of you, or to be more accurate, about back then. You evil witch, whatever happened to fucking fairtrade?! Haha.

I'd post a picture if I had one but of course, you deleted them all. How convenient.

No comments: