Monday, February 13, 2012

Exam Blues Philosophy

It's during the days when I should be studying, these fucking thoughts linger in my fucking mind. It's a sign, the governing forces of the world does not want me to study.




Page breaks are awesome.

Well, it's Valentine's Day again apparently. As per the usual, there's the epic shitstorm of a higher level of epic proportions. Before that, no, this is not going to be a sappy post about how I lost me itty-witty-bitty-shitty heart on Valentine's. No, that would be too shallow, even for you.

I've never really thought Valentine's was a day to actually be jolly on, even when I was in a relationship. With my left hand. It's just a day, like any other and thank the celestial body my previous beaus shared my opinion. Or maybe they didn't and hence the term 'previous'. What I mean to say is that I don't see why one day should be reserved for love and buying gifts and be taken advantage upon when that day can be everyday.

Still, that's not the main point of this seemingly endless rabble. I mentioned a shitstorm.


Everybody is making a big fucking deal out of Valentine's. Not in a lovey-dovey-let's-fuck way but in a massive 'Fuck Valentine's Day' way. While this amuses me to some extent, the very basis of that hatred makes me itch.

Why? Because now religion is being pulled into the fray. Don't celebrate Valentine's because it is in direct violation of our religious beliefs. Don't celebrate Valentine's because you'd be the Devil's advocate. Don't celebrate Valentine's lest ye be ready to swim across the fiery lakes of hell. Don't celebrate Valentine's because...

I don't get it. Really, I don't. First it was Christmas. Now this. I get the whole 'You'd be tempted to jump into the nearest bush and have kinky sex if you go out with a person of the opposite sex'............ Wait, no, I actually don't. Is it really that hard to believe that the majority of humans can suppress their sexual desire? Sure, you say that the fact that the possibility itself exist is already a good enough reason to forbid it but honestly, using that logic, one should not use a knife to cut anything because the possibility exist that one might take a liking to cutting oneself. Or one must not be in public because the possibility exist that one can rape everything else in the vicinity. Then you say that what I'm implying is too far-fetched.

I fucking hated this thing.

I saw a picture on facebook which spins the yarn about why Valentine's Day must not be celebrated. One of the points they made was this: One must not be apart of a celebration which makes fun of Islam etcetera. This makes me feel that the Valentine's Day celebration these people have been apart of must have been quite the damn show. What kind of Valentine's have these people been celebrating cause if I'm not mistaken... It's usually a dinner, a film and empty pockets for the guy. But hey, what do I know, I don't celebrate it.

What's the fucking harm, really, if I were to celebrate anything just because I want the day to be a fuckng joyous day. I pretty much am trusting myself here when I say that 85% of people who celebrate Valentine's don't know what it's based on. (Protip: It's celebrating Valentine of Rome and Terni. Two different people.) So do enlighten me; how is it that these fucks who don't even know the significance of said day could actually afford to somehow insult the religion?

Advocating sin? Okay, sure, there's a possibility. Then again, I've already mentioned the whole kinky sex routine above. I celebrate Eid. And Christmas. And Deepavali. And Chinese New Year. And Vaisakhi. And hundreds of other celebrations that are littered across the calender. My sole reason is because there's food, and free stuff. Still, I do realise that by doing so, without any other ulterior motive, it already makes me a heretic in your eyes. There is no circle of reason when it comes to dealing with you people, is there?

Suddenly, these are the same people that gets shocked when they hear about cases of racism and discrimination. Why is that, they ask. Why are people so hostile towards our religion? Why can't they accept us for who we are? Why. Why. Why. Why indeed.

That reminds me. If we can't celebrate Valentine's or Christmas or whatever, why haven't I seen any of you going against a non-muslim celebrating Eid and forbidding them from doing such a thing?



Eargasm of the day: Listened to this while I was writing the third part of whatever shit I wrote above. Felt like I was writing the details of the apocalypse.

No comments: