Sunday, April 15, 2012

Realisations 1 - Ignorance (Knowledge).

No, no I'm not going to talk about things that you already know. Don't want to learn cause it's all just too taxing/meaningless/boring/meh. Instead I'm gonna focus on one little tiny thing that means a lot when you look at the big picture.

Quick, whoever tells me what constellation this is, gets a cookie.

Look man, I don't know if you've noticed but... You know what, let me take an example.

So you're talking to a person about something related to human discoveries and behold, he begins to tell you about the pinnacle of human discovery: Space exploration. As you feel mildly amused yet fearful for your life as his eyes begin to glaze over, you think (Or more accurately, I think but one of my fantasies would be that every human being has the same logic and thought process as yours truly) that no, space exploration is not the most amazing thing human beings have discovered. So you think, but yeah, I'm just going to start explaining why.

1. I know space discovery is awesome. Trust me, if there is anything that can cause my body to cramp up from numerous orgasms aside from foxy, teasing little nymphs (Think Elizabeth Bogush donning a Victorian dress and you just know that she's grinning mischievously from behind that fan she's using to cover her face. I rephrase. Think Harley Quinn.). Where was I? Oh yes, space gives me orgasms.

2. I know how hard it was to get to space.

3. I'm going to refute the above points with poorly thought of facts and then ignore the name calling.

You know, just in case you don't get the fucking image already.
Look, my point is that it was hard sending a team into space, it took millions of dollars, it took a fuckload of time, yadda, yadda, yadda. I got that part. My attention however, will be more directed towards human nature.

We... Sent people into space. And here we are, on earth, still wondering why exactly a human being yawns. Don't get it? We sent people into space and we still don't know what caused the 'BLOOP'. We sent people into space and we still don't know a lot of fucking thing in our own backyard.

So, that brings us to lesson number one, which is humans are fucked up little cretins. Wait, no, that's lesson number zero. Ah yes, this: We are ignorant little fuckers who try to ignore what we don't know by one-upping ourselves. Example:

Hey bro, what the fuck happened, you failed nine out of ten of your papers.
Yeah man but I totally got an A++++++++++++++++++++++ for the last one.
Dude, what?
Yeah I know, I'm fucking awesome, eh?
You're going to have to repeat nine fucking papers man.
Psh, yeah man but I totally aced the last one. I scored so high, it'll fucking tear the world a new asshole.

Yes, space exploration is amazing. A total feat. What if the time and money was used to, I don't know, fucking find a cure for diseases? Or improving the state of living in fucking rural areas? Or putting a stop to the hunger crisis in Africa? Or healing the fucking world?

Instead, we now have a space probe on its way to Jupiter. Yeah, fucking awesome, but looking at the state of the world right now... I agree, the potential discovery of things from space (Ability to use helium isotopes as thermonuclear fuel and all that jizz) would definitely improve things on earth but fuck man, that's gonna take a fucking while.

I digress, I feel I've strayed from the main point. How many times do we find ourselves burying stuff by doing something really exquisite and showy? We slip, hey here's a fucking backflip. We're super fucking successful and yet when you go back down, there's a shit tonne of well, shit piling up that we either did not finish or decided that it's too taxing. We just cannot accept the fact that we don't know. We just can't admittedly say that 'Yeah, sorry man, I have no idea what the hell that is but if you give me time, I might just find out'.

Oh yeah doc, with this formula, we can finally find out what colour panties she's wearing. My money's on leopard spots.
 It's my personal opinion really. Why do something else when you haven't finished what you're doing. Efficiency? Yes, that does make sense. Advancements? Hmmm,  I'll go with it. But all I ask is that people simply stop labelling things as something else. What's so bad with just telling the world that 'Fuck me, you're gonna have to wait a decade to know the answer to that'? The majority of them would not understand, that's a given but at the same time, the majority of the human race are bumbling idiots.

Eargasm of the day:

No comments: