Monday, September 14, 2009

Follow/Watch/Like

I was having this conversation with a friend a few days ago. So we were talking bout some person's blog when he/she/it told me that he/she/it wasn't reading the shit. I asked why and this was the answer:

He/She/It: Oh, I saw her follower list. Meh, she had like 2 or 3 followers only so I guess it ain't worth reading.

Me: Huh? What the fuck? You seriously did that ah?

He/She/It: Ya la, I follow public opinion what.

Me: You're a fuckffin you know that.

Next scenario.

An amazing photograph on DeviantArt had zero comments and 3 faves.

A lacklustre photograph had 2,374 faves and 407 comments.

The first artist has no watchers.

The second has 548 watchers.



It's not sickening. I've accepted that fact a long time ago. Today, he who is popular shalt reign supreme. Still, every time it happens, I can't shrug off a of pure, unadulterated, overpowering feeling of disgust. It's as if everything has turned into a fucking race or something. I bet I can get more followers than you, I have more watchers than you, more people like my status and such. What the fuck is wrong with you fucktards?

It is true that usually, public opinion matters; sometimes it differs from one's point of view but one has a choice to agree or to disagree. Not only in the matters stated above but in most scenarios. All I'm fucking asking is that when the fuck has everybody cease to acknowledge the fact that the option exist? It's like most people are going 'Hell if I don't blindly follow the fucken public, I be digging me own 6 by 3 there. Or monsters be jumpin' out from me closet.'

Since when has the public held the Veto power? Since when has it been written that whatever they say make all the fucken sense in the whole fucken world? Since when ahs their voice reigned supreme? I'm so fucking temted to go VIVA LIBERTE on your fucking asses.

I know. Some of you out there are going ah, what the fuck, why should I listen to this kutte da puther? Believe me I'm not and best of all, it's the whole fucking point of this post. You have a fucking choice on whether to read this shit or not.

Everybody nowadays is going with what's called the 'in thing'. Fashion, books, underwear, fucking everything. Just cause one or two fucks went 'Hey, you know what, lets take this product and tell the everyone that is the best dang thing that has happened to us! Yay! Lets!' I just do not fucking comprehend why. Why wear a 2000 dollar dress just coz people say it's cool to do so but in truth, and even you know it, it's like fucking wrapping old curtains around yourself. Why spend 100 dollars on a book that everybody say is good when in truth it's content is worse than a fucking biochemistry textbook. Why wear perfume that smells like rotten elephant flesh. Why? When you can buy a 20 dollar dress and look good, spend 5 dollars on a really enjoyable book and spray some generic perfume that smells really good.

Some say it's the media's propaganda. I say it's your own nature. That fucking pet peeve of yours that can't stand being excluded from the 'cool' guys.

I say, fuck it all. I'm going to keep on writing even if the world hates my writing. I'm going to wear shit that I like even when the fucking majority laughs at me. If writing things that I like, making art the way I see fit and acting like myself makes me a fucking disgrace from the public's point of view, then so be it. Just don't be surprised when one day, you look at me and you go 'Hell, what if I had done the same?'

Self respect. That's what the wold is fucking lacking among other things.

A/N: To those who think that I'm just a sad person trying to defend myself due to a lack of followers/watchers, please continue to think so.

12 comments:

Simple. said...

ala kalo ramai follower pun tak semestinya follower tuh baca blog kan? Setakat nak meramaikan follower jer buat apa kalau semua kat situ tak ikhlas mem-follow. and diaorang tahu kalau follow blog yg ramai follower maybe blog diorang pun akan difollow oleh ramai orang sbb dier follow blog yg ramai orang. Nonsense giler!
(agak merepek)

abdullah said...

ada sekor makhluk bodoh folow blog aku.pastu comment,

'i da follow blog u, flollow la blog i plak eh'

babi.

dalam blog dia smua duk tulis pasal kisah cinta bodoh budak barai aje.followers plak rmai.

sial.

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Afiq: Tu la pasal, aku cam, wtf la, kalau ko nak aku follow ko nyer blog, ko tulis ah bende yg aku minat dlu. Bukan merapu pasal ape mak ko masak semalam. Fucktards.

Kadir: HHAHAHAHAHA WTFFFFFFF... Ko sula je orang camtu, daripada hancurkan otak bace blog die, cari buluh pastu bantai. Klu cun tu buatla aktiviti2 yg sepatutnya dahulu XDXDXD

athirah ali said...

cam suka hati la kan nak follow blog org ke tak HAHA lawak dow comment korang ni... wait wait, ada org actually suruh follow? gila takut

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Yes, thirah goblins do exist. Kuttis I tell you. Bloody fucking kuttis.

abdullah said...

thirah cakap 'dow' doww...hahahah

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Doowwww... hahahaha... Oh, sape2 naik Penang pas Raya ke ape ke dipersilakan calling la ye.

ikanosha said...

I agree, it's fucked how the whole 'I need to have 2000000000 friends to be cool' is becoming a main priority for people these days. Those people should turn to sewer amoebas.

Yes, yes Viva Liberte, let's,
but I still won't give up my RM100 bag for a RM10. Call me shallow, I probably am, but I'm shallow following my own opinion, not what people tell me.

athirah ali said...

xley blah dowwwww xD

ah alright, though i don't think i'll be going to Penang anytime soon but well in case i do... i'll call ya, if i don't go also i call je la haha

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Ika: Sewer Amoebas!!! MWAAHAHAHAA!!! Thats fucked up, but fitting. It's like without infinite unknown people on facebook, I'LL DIEEEE!!!! Wtf, bitch slap.

And wtf, I didnt say you can't buy a 100 ringgit bag... My point is that who fucked up are you to spend 100 ringgit on a bag when someone tells you to do so. Just cause it's the fucking In thing shit. I don't think its shallow, meh, everybody has a right for self pampering.

Thirah: It was a joke. Obviously no one is coming to Penang. XD

abdullah said...

jemput ke majlis kawen aku ngan anak tuan yang terutama penang.huahahha. zufar ko knal x tyt penang hah?

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Kenal.. Kitorang selalu je gi hisap gam blakang rumah die...