Monday, July 11, 2011

Listen.


Listen.
Do you hear it?
The tension of my body’s strings increasing,
As your voice, it tunes them,
Your mind composing the song
And your fingers running through,
From me and from me alone,
You could bring forth music.

Do you hear the deep bass beats,
Of my heart as it thumps and bumps along,
The tempo increasing as you skip among the lillies,
Moonbeams shine upon you and only you,
Drumroll, cymbals clash;
You hold my hand.

Listen to the trumpets and the sax,
Going on and on and on,
Like a bird in flight swooping and sweeping,
My breath erratic, struggling,
The sweet scent of jasmine in your hair,
Out comes the fluid tune which the angels envy,
Only you, love, only you could bring it forth.

Have you heard the string quartet,
Resonating from my voice as I look to you confused,
My mind catatonic, scrambled, insanity descends,
The violins and the cellos playing ever so furiously,
Then softly, calm,
As you hold me tight and tell me that it’s okay.

I wonder if you heard,
The scaling and the bends and the licks,
Of an electric guitar with its amp on full blast for all the world to hear,
Simply as you smile and tell me that you’re mine,
Note after note, fret after fret,
Like a twenty minute solo,
Without even the lightest glitch.

Do you hear, love, do you hear?
The piano weeping,
Its pain raw and painful,
Suppurating, malignant and bleeding,
On and on it goes, grieving,
And it’s all because you’re not there,

Listen, my charm, listen well,
Listen to this instrument of yours,
Only by your hands could my noise be composed,
Arranged and sown together to form something so utterly soothing,
Listen well, my maestro,
Listen.

No comments: