Monday, June 22, 2009

Couple.

So anyways, I was talking to this Egyptian girl I met at the exhibition when she went into the topic of relationships. Read: Me no likey. Anyways, as the conversation goes along with her constant prodding into my personal life, I decided to tell her things. Which is something that I regret. Truly.

H: You have any girlfriends?
Me: No, not that lucky.
H: But why?
Me: As I said, not that lucky.
H: Oh... Ever had any?
Me: Yeah some, but hardly worth mentioning.
H: Why?
Me: Uh... Coz it lasted less than 3 months? Things like that don't really strike me as significant.
H: Why didn't it last?
Me: ...
H: ?
Me: Coz of many things? Or maybe I was just bored.
H: HOW COULD YOU?!
Me: O.o
H: How could you play with girls like that?
Me: What do you mean play with them?
H: You were bored?!
Me: I said, there were many things. The boredom part came at the last moments.
H: Yeah so why didn't it work? Give me an example.
Me: (Supress need to say What the bloody fuck?) Uh, we were not on the same frequency?
H: So what if you're not on the same frequency. You still can make it.
Me: The hell... Look, it wasn't anything serious at that time, we both had our own thing going on so basically it ended. Understand?
H: !!!
Me: ?
H: So you were playing around with her!
Me: What?!
H: Maybe she wanted to test you!
Me: I wasn't going to fucking marry her
H: So why'd you have a girlfriend for?
Me: WHAT?! I'm fucking 17 for fuck's sake. Did it occur to you that it's fucked up to get married so young?
H: So what? You can marry her when you're older
Me: I do not believe in relationships lasting for 10 years. That's pure unadulterated bullshit.
H: You can if you want to.
Me: Exactly. If I want to.
H: You don't? So how are you going to get married when you want to?
Me: I don't wait 10 years for it.
H: I can't believe you would do that to girls. I bet she left you because she couldn't take it.
Me: Hahaha, actually, we broke up coz she cheated on me.

Tsk, tsk, watch your mouth woman. I might not be in such a good mood next time. Anyways, really, 10 year relationship might work with otherwordly creatures but not with me. I have a very short attention span mind you. So what a bout marriage you ask? Marriage is different you stupid fuck, marriage is when you take up a responsibility; it's when saying I don't care is not an option. Marriage is when you honour a vow you take and if you break it, you're such a man-bitch/whore.

So back to what she was saying, her idea is that two people becomes an item only under the intention of getting married. These two people will then fight anything that comes their way which might threaten said relationship. Finally, after a period of time, they will get married and live happily ever after. The end.

I'm sorry, you must have confused your identity with somebody else's. I think you're a character from a fairytale who got lost in the real world. Right? Coz what you're trying to force into me really sounds like a carbon copy of Snow White and the horny seven dwarves. Where is your brain woman?

I don't deny the fact that some people have been able to be in a relationship for a gazillion years, get married and lived happily bla3. But have you ever wondered that things might go wrong? Things that you will not be able to fend off? Do you really think that this so called 'love' thingy was that strong? Maybe you could but have you ever considered death? I doubt that.

I will tell you the reason of why I approve this coupling shit. It's to know the other person better, to find out the flaws etc etc. It's when you are together as an item that you can be sure that the other person is not some mad psychopathic paedophile that will rape every single one of your kids and feed them Friskies everyday till they die of trauma. Random, but it might happen. See, the sole purpose of being an item is to get to know the other person better, if he/she rubs you the wrong way, it ain't working out. I find it amusing and also fucked up that some people try so desperately to change who they are just so that it suits his/her significant other. If he/she is truly the one for you, he/she'll accept you along with your flaws, your freaky pet peeves and you as a whole. No one should change just so to satisfy the other. That is waaaaayyy wrong to me.

Marriage is overrated. Seriously. Everything ends with marriage. It's like when you get married, you break out of the cocoon that your life once wrapped you in. Newsflash: Marriage is the cocoon. Again, some lucky ones might make it. You assholes. See, that's why it is fucking important to know just who the fuck you're gonna spend the rest of your life with. If you don't, can you imagine the fuckloads of lives you're gonna destroy? Imagine what's gonna happen to your kid. Oh and to those who're about to load they're I'm-Saint-Anti-Couple Shotgun, going out together and spending quality time doesn't mean you dive into the nearest bush and start to have kinky sex. Ever heard of chaperones? Wait, maybe too big of a word for some people. Read: An adult who supervises one or more unmarried men or women during social occasions. Courtesy of Wikipedia.

Now there's this huge notice thingy at uni saying shit bout 'As a (Thank you for the correction. You know who you are.) Medical Student, what do you think of marriage when you're still studying or some shit like that. Seriously, what does being a medical student have to do with anything? Maybe you wanted us to write something medically related? Hmmmm.... I think this passes the test?

As a Medical Student, I think that marriage when I'm still studying will disrupt my studies due to the hormones raging in my body each time I look at my wife. My brain will cease to work as my receptors will only react to sex, sex and more sex. This will lead to me failing all my tests and also cause depression and eventual suicide due to the mounting stress of having to repeat all my tests. That's just me.

Yes, that was a joke. To those who have no sense of humour, hate mails are welcomed. I don't know. If you guys want to open a discussion board for medical students, shouldn't it be about more Medically related stuff? Like 'What do you think of patients who refuse to take medication due to personal views' etc etc. At least give something that is related.

Okay, enough already, Dr. Phil is possesing me.

9 comments:

Muhammad Anas bin Kamarudin said...

haha... you got me laughing by the end of the conversation... i mean... jeez... she sure had a mouth! if you know what i mean..... k bro... need to do some studying...

extrafabulous said...

where is my prince??
hhahha...

i knw im contamminating ur blog...
but hell i care....

:)

merahanis said...

agree on the marriage thingy.
but don't u think that status doesn't mean a thing? friends or couples, we could still love each other either way.
err. ok
i've heard that there will be 7 couples about to get married this summer. mansoura sudents. wow lah if the rumors are true...

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Anas: Haha, yeah, some people do. I consider them to be short term entertainment. Oh well. Good luck with the finals mate.

Sufi: BACK DEMON!

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

I think the status is to simplify things you know. Coz you're gonna need a shiload of words to explain your position while you could just go 'Oh, we're a couple'. Ppl who get married that early just freak me out.

Farha Ghouse said...

Nahh no need to couple lama lama buang masa jea. I agree dengan u. Couple sebab nak kenal each other better haa pastu kawin ah.

The idea people have of marriage (that it will solve all of your problems) is overrated, but actual marriage for the right reasons is underrated.

ikanosha said...

Indeed the question was stupid. Even my awesome grammar knowledge failed to make it less stupid.

I hate marriage questions. It's annoying. Whatever your decision on marriage, be prepared for the consenquences. Apa kecoh.

And the couple thingy, I agree completely. But like merahanis said, if two people really care about each other, then to hell with the 'status'. I've never cared what people say, and I won't start. That's just me anyway.

Honestly though, I can't imagine myself sharing my life with another person. Damn scary weyh.

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Farha: Yeah I know. Still, some people just can't accept the fact that things go might go wrong in the process... I'm not pointing fingers *Points fist to Egyptian girl*

True enough, whoever said that marriage solves everything must be practising celibacy. That's just Cartoon talk.

Ika: I'll overlook the self-boasting and pretend it didn't exist. A-hem.

The status thing is like a... choice; something that you may or may not refer to yourselves as. I mean what the hell, two people could be married and they still could refer to themselves as friends. What does it matter.

Oh man, nobody has the right to share my life. If that's marriage, then to hell with it.

Anila P. said...

Friskies...*twitch*

Anyway! Marriage is just a way of making things official, just a little slip of paper. I don't see why people think that not being married means that you love your 'better half' less.

And seriously, dating around is a good thing. More experience, plus you can really get to know someone when you're a couple.

And that's all. Monkeyboy.