Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Awesome-ness of Al-Jazeera

Holy... Holy... Holy... Fuck, I haven't watched the news since forever... I had no idea about anything that has been going on in the world nowadays... Until just now that is... It's all thanks to Al-Jazeera and the 'Kampung' T.V. What I'd do without them...

Anyway, yeah as i was saying. There's a gazillion thing i didn't know about.

1. Pakistan-Taliban War.
2. Al-Qaeda leader was caught in Iraq.
3. The Human Rights Watch has urged Najib to reform the ISA.
4. The civilians of Sri Lanka are stuck in between a clash between the Tamil Tigers and the government.
5. Swine Flu kills 7 in Mexico.
6. Venezuala and Palestine ties are forged.
7. Fatah and Hamas are gonna talk bout unity.
8. My favourite; Reports put UAE third in weapons importing.

It made me realise how out of touch I've been and also on how fucked up the world has become. I mean Swine Fever... Right after The Avian Flu. Hmmm... Oh well.

About reforming the ISA (The author's hand trembles as he types the coming sentence.), I totally agree with it. I mean, the ISA was formed during the colonial era. I think it's time for change. I mean, treating today's Malaysians like treating communist aren't suppose to help now is it? I don't know, that's just me.

Fatah and Hamas, unity talks, I hopee it works out but chances of it happening are kinda small to me. It's how the world is nowadays. There is always a condition in a treaty that the other party is not willing to let go. Usually a minor thing. The Sri Lankan issue is more important to me. Why? Coz British and French are gonna be volunteers to bring an end to the fight. A ceasefire. I dunno, but my memory seem to recall something that happened a long time ago. Something bout the British trying to help Tanah Melayu achieve independence or something? Funny, that only happened 400 years later. Hmmm, go figure.

Speaking about Pakistan I just found out bout this new movie. Seriously, fucking kudos to Al-Jazeera for this.

'Ramchand Pakistani'

Director: Mehreen Jabbar
Writen by Mohammad Ahmad and Javer Jabbar.

Okay, I haven't watched it yet. Previewed it but I ahven't watched it fully. So why am I even blogging bout it? Simple. It was fucking awesome! The preview i mean. Seriously, i watched snippets here and there and I loved it. It's about a family; one kid, parents, who are of the 'Untouchable' caste or Kohli if my knowledge on that issue is correct. Go look up caste on Wiki, I have no will to tell you. So basically what happened:

Son crosses Pakistan-India border (The border is marked by bloody white stones.)
Dad chases after son.
Both got caught and thrown into an Indian prison.
I have no idea what happens next.

See, what's awesome is the time they were in prison. There is no caste system in prisons so these guys who were once 'untouchable' in the outside world are normal humans in here. Ironic huh... I loved what the director said when she was asked why wasn't there a caste system in prison.

'When people live in such close proximity to each other, the system breaks...'- Mehreen Jabbar.

How awesome is that... Oh, did I mention that this is her first time directing?

2 comments:

abdullah said...

buat masa ni, budak kampung paling up-to-date.ahahhaa. maju2~

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Hahahaha Al-Jazeera kat tapak tangan kot! hahaha