Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The new Arsenal.

If you had read my older posts than you'd know I'm an Arsenal fan. Just now I watched the game between Arsenal and Liverpool. I was disappointed.

Where was the fast short passing that the former Arsenal (During the times of Henry, Bergkamp and Pires) always used? Those were the days where I'd stare in utter amusement and won't even move from the TV (Unless my mom uses the tactic; 'Zufar Ismail!' Yeah, the way i sprint to be by my mom's side would put bloody national sprinters to shame.)... I watched the game just know and there wasn't even a pass worth noting. They kept losing the ball to Liverpool and well, it was a miracle we didn't lose.

Some players are really amazing but the others are, well, fucked up. Let's review:

1. Arshavin: Okay, if i ever met this guy, I'd fucking kiss the soles of his feet. Truly, I was taken aback by his footballing.

2. Theo Walcott: Such speed.

3. Song: A fair share of skill to this guy...

4. Bendtner: A sad excuse for a striker. God damn it, sell him already...

I understand that as time goes, you need to change the play according to the squad but just now, it was just horrible. I mean incomplete passes, misskicks... Don't get me started on the defense... The only thing they deserved is a firing squad...

Maybe in time they will improve but does this mean the team has to look like a couple of idiots chasing the ball before that? I know that Wenger was saving the key players for the game against M.U. but seriously, it is better to play respectable football and lose than to play a crazy uncoordinated game and win.

That's just what i think.

No comments: