Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ovid

Such was the burden of my plaint when, on a sudden, Cupid lowered his quiver and drew forth therefrom arrows to pierce my heart. Then, bending his curving bow with a will upon his knee, he said, "Poet, here is matter for thy song." Ah, hapless me, Love's arrow did but all too surely find its mark. On fire am I, and Love, and none but Love now rules my heart that ne'er was slave till now. Now let six feet my book begin, and let it end in five. Farewell fierce War, farewell thy measure too. Only with the myrtle of the salt sea's marge shalt thou bind thy fair head, my Muse, who needs must tune thy numbers to eleven feet.

-Publius Ovidius Naso; 43 BC- 17/18 AD. Taken from Ars Amatoria

It's a really good piece of writing I think (This is from an endless book, I really couldn't read it). He got exiled from writing that piece if I'm not mistaken on charges of debauchery; the community then wasn't willing to accept what he wrote. Ars Amatoria is a book on sexual intercourse, you get the point now. Moving on. And no, the text above has nothing to do with sex, unless your mind is thinking of some things. Pity you.

Anyways, what's been new. Hmmm, can't really think of anything, life has become really boring nowadays. As if living my life as a routine doesn't seem bad enough, I get bloody boredom as a companion now. Oh well, can't really complain.

Haven't really watched the news lately. It's as if everything will turn out to be what I expect. Wars here and there, some celebrity trying to do some publicity act and of course, more wars. Basically you can guess what's happening just by listening to the background sound. What's happening to the world today. Still, I stand guilty for taking chaos as a fun thing. Lincolns, you know what I'm saying. I'm in the process of writing something. I need to recollect all the point which will prolly take me a month... Okay, a year to be safe. Hah!

I forgot all about this blog... Now I'm continuing after a few hours... Talked to Sukh, the dude is in the same boat as me. Insomnia and boredom, bloody kryptonite... I haven't been in the mood to talk to anybody lately, my mind seems to be clogged up and nothing can get through or get out... Hmmm... I finally met Dr. Sabry but i wasn't too happy bout it (The author told himself that meeting a big fat man would never make him happy. Ever. Ever ever. Bleh.). He wanted me to confirm the people who signed up for the exhibition but fail to even commit to the act. I'd like to take this opportunity and say thank you for complicating my life. Now I'm gonna have to hunt each of you down when I've already got a shitload in my To-Do List. Thanks.

Anyways, enough with the angst. I need to find ways to release the mounting stress. Would love to go fishing but I doubt I'd have the time. I wish those carefree times back in Malaysia would come back. Le Sighums. Yes, they won't, I know, tell me that moving on is the best thing to do and I'll block you out from anything I do. Still, those were the best times.

Oh and one last thing.

I'm awesome and i make good soup.

That is all.

Shoo, cretins.

6 comments:

Anila P. said...

...soup?

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Yes. Soup.

shenmarc said...

u knw anione wanting to comment on dis post wud just get too fucking distracted by soup..n wen dat person is sleep deprived..da staring can go on for a while.so heres to u.*raises mug of campbell soup* ..u runny haematochezia.....

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Hahahaha shenmarc... we cant get over our pen names man i sewar to god... Nyways, yes i did realise that and it was intentional.. *shifty eyes* To get eyes off the boring post... You may now bow down and kiss my hairy feet.

shenmarc said...

my pen name is awesomer den urs..and i make better soup...let knwing dat fact put a lil joy in ur life..now grovel u peasant.no no not in the mud n filth..da cement ..yes the cement....

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

I know the story behind your penname mate... You had to use a name than your frens mom gave you... Thats pretty insulting man... And none make soup like me... I am soupmaster