Tuesday, May 19, 2009

This is our home.

I ran and ran,
Past the skyscrapers and old huts,
The concrete jungles and corruption,
Away from the sins, away from it all.

In sadness and loneliness I collapse,
Acid gnaws my muscle and tears run free,
My chest explodes and away the black butterflies hovered,
Is this the end, is this death?

An old man hobbled by,
With a nudge of his cane and a palm he helped me up,
'Come my child, let's go far away,
To the place where there is no corruption, that is where we belong'.

I thought and I thought,
And I was left confused,
'Where is that?' I asked,
Somewhere hidden under the concrete, in the office, in our dreams?

The old man left a trail in the sand,
A few quick glances and he was gone,
The trail stopped at the edge of the cliff,
To the naked eye it did, to mine, it stretched further.

I understood and I smiled,
Brushed the leaves and twigs off me,
Ran along the trail and closed my eyes,
I felt the wind caress me and say 'Careful, child.'

The trail exploded into a million colours,
Each pointing towards the path that was meant for me,
At the end, the old man beckoned,
Come my child, we are close.

I ran with all my might,
Grasped the extended hand,
Opened my eyes and I screamed out loud,
All I saw was the sea and the rocks and the bodies laid to rot.

Again the old man said,
'Come my child, let's go far away,
To the place where there is no corruption, that is where we belong'.
I grasped his hand and thought.

This is where we belong.


A/N: O.o I know, what the fuck right... I need help... Hahaha... Anyways, feedback; as always, A guitar will be shoved up your ass with a bucket of salt to go with it. Le Sigh...

13 comments:

diemarysues said...

Omg, Zuffie, I like this one. I really do.

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Its psychadelic... In a way...

Mizah said...

at the risk of triggering the stalker alarm,i have to ask.when and where's that exhibition that you intend to join gonna be held?it'll be a lifesaver to know that i actually have something interesting to escape to.

oh,and hi :)
good stuff you have here.especially could relate with this one.

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Oh hey Mizah, you're the one on DArt correct? Awesome to see a deviant close by... okay, not so close but still... anyways, the exhibition will most prolly be done in the Atelier or the Bibliotheca, I'm not too sure bout that even when I've already submitted my photos... I'll let you know when more information seeps into my brain aight? Dont worry bout the stalking thing, I get it once in a while, mostly from nightmarish people.

I think everyone can relate to this... hmmmm...

shenmarc said...

there must b some other way out of here..i dnt knw man..im too bleary n sleepy to get dis..feedbak wud hav to wait till i get my two hemispheres reattached..tho its good on the face of it laa..

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Hahaha dude, remind me to get you hash when I get back home... it'll prolly do some good for your sleepiing... or just for fun... hehe

shenmarc said...

i now get it...but no,dis is not where i belong..*eyes go wide*.hash hash hash hash...

Mizah said...

err..yeah guilty as charged.although my DA is so dead its shameful.its the uploader i tell u.takes too bloody longgg.tsk.
hey thanks that would be great!and you dont know where your art is going to be exhibited?(-.-")

nightmarish?nahh,just slightly disturbing maybe.i swear.

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

yeah, and as usual. Im ot at fault, the photography mentor guy is... I swear, he speaks English worse than a bloody bangladeshi mamak employee... If you insist on using such terminologies.. I can bear disturbing-ness, my life revolves round it. DA fucks up sometimes, usually when you have the chance to post something really good.

Mizah said...

bangladeshi mamak workers speak english??o.O
haha but yeah i get what u mean.ull get used to it after a while no worries.avter a vile ull even start to zbeak like zem.
i knoww tell me about it.DA has something against me i tell you.tsktsk.(excuse to cover up for my lack of good stuff heheh)

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Hahaha I actually thought that zpeak and zem was some dudes name... wth i refuse to reduce myself to such bad grammar... Oh and you have a pretty cool gallery, keep it up. The reflection of the building on the car is very good.

Mizah said...

haha it's inevitable i tell you.
thanks.btw added some stuff there.i think DA knows we're bitching about it cos it behaved exceptionally well yesterday.
i could feel the 'hah in your face!' everytime it uploaded really fast.tsk.
comments are really appreciated heblease

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

True enuf, I could even put up a print just for fun... lets bitch bout DA again whenever its fucking up. Yeah, will do.