Monday, May 11, 2009

Sleepless Nights 7 - Wise words from a mother.

Right now...

I...

Am...

So...

Fucking...

Addicted...

To...

Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam...

ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!! It pisses me off on how people could make such beautiful poetry! Fuck! (The author is being jealous due to a writer's blog he has suffered recently.) I mean, okay, take a look at Wild World.

Now that I've lost everything to you
You say you wanna start something new
And it's breakin' my heart you're leavin'
Baby, I'm grievin'
But if you wanna leave, take good care
Hope you have a lot of nice things to wear
But then a lot of nice things turn bad out there

Oh, baby, baby, it's a wild world
It's hard to get by just upon a smile
Oh, baby, baby, it's a wild world
and I'll always remember you like a child, girl

You know I've seen a lot of what the world can do
And it's breakin' my heart in two
Because I never wanna see you sad, girl
Don't be a bad girl
But if you wanna leave, take good care
Hope you make a lot of nice friends out there
But just remember there's a lot of bad and beware

Baby, I love you
But if you wanna leave, take good care
Hope you make a lot of nice friends out there
But just remember there's a lot of bad and beware.

As I said, genius. The way it rhymed without being awkward... That's every poets dream... Pure ecstasy... I believe this next song shows how much of a genius he is... Lady D'Arbanville

My Lady d'Arbanville, why do you sleep so still?
I'll wake you tomorrow
and you will be my fill, yes, you will be my fill.

My Lady d'Arbanville why does it grieve me so?
But your heart seems so silent.
Why do you breathe so low, why do you breathe so low,

My Lady d'Arbanville why do you sleep so still?
I'll wake you tomorrow
and you will be my fill, yes, you will be my fill.

My Lady d'Arbanville, you look so cold tonight.
Your lips feel like winter,
your skin has turned to white, your skin has turned to white.

My Lady d'Arbanville, why do you sleep so still?
I'll wake you tomorrow
and you will be my fill, yes, you will be my fill.

La la la la la....

My Lady d'Arbanville why do you grieve me so?
But your heart seems so silent.
Why do you breathe so low, why do you breathe so low,

I loved you my lady, though in your grave you lie,
I'll always be with you
This rose will never die, this rose will never die.

I loved you my lady, though in your grave you lie,
I'll always be with you
This rose will never die, this rose will never die.

Aihhh... talk bout random... *pats imaginary self on the back*

Anyways, to more serious matters. It was mother's day yesterday. Yes, very serious. (The author frowns) I topped up my credit and called my mom. In less than 2 minutes, I rephrase, in less than 2 fucking fast minutes, the 10 genehs flew up in the sky and danced with the angels and slept in the clouds. Just like that. However, my Mom did leave a piece of wisdom. It went like this:

Me: Ma, Happy Mother's Day!!!
Ma: Hahaha thank you! Lame tak dengar from you guys. How's everything?
Me: Umm okay je kot, cam biase la.
Ma: Ohh good good, so-
Vodaphone robot: Your credit has been depleted.
Me: ... *supresses the urge to throw phone off the 11th floor*

*Intermission*

Phone: *Welcome to the jungle song plays*
Me: Hello.
Ma: Ha, got disconnected.
Me: Tau, I nyer credit habis.
Ma: Oh, haha, I thought mine ran out. How's Ucin and Ika?
Me: Ok je. *proceeds with discussion like normal son and mother*

Me: Ma, Bu Zahidah cakap you nak jual rumah Melaka betul ke?
Ma: Yeah, why?
Me: Uhhh may I ask why?
Ma: (The author forgot her response but is sure what matters comes next)
Me: Oh.
Ma: Kenape?
Me: Nah, just that 9 years in a house does a lot to a person.
Ma: Haha... Yes, I know but sometimes in life, you have to stand up and say that 'No, this is what needs to be done and I must do it.'. It may be the right choice or the wrong one but what's important is that you decide at that point and make that decision. You will have to deal with the outcome later on. So the time will always come for you to make a stand and you have to. Okay?
Me: Yeah alright.

I thought of what she said. A lot. And it made me realise how wise and rational she is. I... admire her... Will I ever have that kind of wisdom? Will I ever get to a point where people have the same admiration as I have for my mother? I don't know, you tell me. I sure hope I do.

Oh now Sleepless Nights comes with a title. Just for the readers to get a vague idea of what the post is going to be about.

Now, off to read Faust by Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe. Another fucking genius. *Cracks knuckles*

10 comments:

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Feedback not really required here... But if you want to.. uh... well... ummm.... hehe... You get the point.

Farha Ghouse said...

But if you wanna leave, take good care
Hope you make a lot of nice friends out there
But just remember there's a lot of bad and beware.
I love the beautiful words of poetry. I used to write poetry, now tak dah since sumber inspirasi dah mati.

Wow, your mom.. very inspiring..

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Haha tu la, my brain's too clogged up with Medical shit to think of anything... But something is coming, I can picture it.

Al mothers are inspiring, only in different ways

ikanosha said...

Oooh, I love him too!
And I love my mom.

Coincidentally I love him because of my mom.

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

I'm trying in vain to see thee connection. But i getddit, you love him, nuff said. Coincidences... what would the world be without em...

Anila P. said...

Yeah. Sometimes you just feel like strangling mothers, but once in a while they show you why they're mothers. I'm scared shitless at the prospect of ever becoming one. o.O

Anila P. said...

Oh, and I don't like Cat Stevens. XD

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

I... cannot, in any way, picture you as a mother... spike the milk ey...

shenmarc said...

.dude..even if my mum does say such wise stuff,ders probly a red neon sign shouting BUT BUT BUT! for no bloody reason,or sum lil brain gremlin dat steals words from sentences thus rendering dem incomprehensible...hence ill prolly nvr notice....

yes i said gremlins....i NEED sleep....

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

Haha dude, let's say yer mom wanna say 'don't have free sex',the gremlins/jengluts/yoda wud prolly snatch the 'don't' part... make it into soup or shit... Bloody fuckers..