Friday, May 22, 2009

A silent Friday morning.

Today I woke up, switched on my computer and logged into facebook.

Today I got some bad news.

Today I spent the whole day thinking.

Today, my teacher died.

Her name is Miss Chua. She is my acounting teacher and believe me, I fucking despise her. Note that I used the word despise, not hate. Be aware of the difference. When I got the news, I wasn't saddened, I wasn't going to cry or shit like that. I was just... shaken. No, no, that's not it... I was taken aback.

When I was in form 4, I hated accounts and I told my mom I wanted to drop the subject. She refused, saying that accounts was important in any career, this way, nobody will cheat you of your money. Me being me, I told my mom I wasn't going to drop the subject but behind her back I skipped accounts for over half a year. Then, I got caught and well, simply said, I was back into class. Still, i was defiant and just slept in every one of her class.

Now she's gone. It made me realise what it would feel if my students were just like me. I guess it sucked knowing that I never had a chance to make ammends. I kept on postponing the event to later, even when I can do it at that very moment.

She is one pious lady, I can vouch for her on that issue. At times, she will tell me things like:

'I know you are not Christian and I respect your religion but can you listen to what I have to say eventhough I'm saying what's in the Bible?'

That was how much she respected other religions. I truly respect her.

This song always reminds me of death, and I believe it's a fitting tribute.

If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be travelling on, now,
cause theres too many places Ive got to see.
But, if I stayed here with you, girl,
Things just couldnt be the same.
cause Im as free as a bird now,
And this bird you can not change.
Lord knows, I cant change.

Bye, bye, its been a sweet love.
Though this feeling I cant change.
But please dont take it badly,
cause lord knows Im to blame.
But, if I stayed here with you girl,
Things just couldnt be the same.
Cause Im as free as a bird now,
And this bird youll never change.
And this bird you can not change.
Lord knows, I cant change.
Lord help me, I cant change.

Free bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

In memory of Miss Chua.

I am sorry.

Corpora lente augescent cito extinguuntur.
Bodies grow slowly but die quickly.

8 comments:

Simple. said...

B strong zufar
i know u can do it!!
;p

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

What the fuck... She's dead. Fullstop.

Anila P. said...

Wow, Zuffie.

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

I pay tribute to teachers... no matter how psycho they are.

Farha Ghouse said...

wow. sorry for your loss.

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

oh well, life moves on.

shenmarc said...

i gree..so a salut to al those bunsen burning,joyriding..jalan itik kat tengah padang teachers..we wud nvr hav turned out so fucked up without u guys..

Zufar Ismail Zeid said...

True enough. What's the fun in pontenging when you know that the teacher is not coming after you with a katana... So cheers to that.